Satellite control from the leading operator
With 13 satellites in geostationary orbit and a ground network spanning the globe, Inmarsat needs to stay in control.
Four years in development by Inmarsat and L3 Technologies, I4S has been controlling and managing our entire space and ground segment for over 15 years. The system harnesses Inmarsat’s long and proven experience as a satellite operator and L3’s automation, fleet management and data visualisation technology, and has evolved to support a large variety of satellite platforms for other leading operators and manufacturers.
Why choose I4S?
- 200+ satellite operation years
- Relied on by Inmarsat to control its 18 satellites on six different platforms and related ground missions since 2004
- Adopted by multiple operators to control their own satellite fleet
- The Procedure Platform is a rich suite of tools that allows automation of multiple numbers of any satellite or ground procedure simultaneously
- I4S enables Inmarsat’s Satellite Control Centre (SCC) to operate the entire multi-generational fleet and ground system with a single controller 24/7/365
- The system supports entirely independent primary, back-up and support operation centres able to shadow each other
Adaptable and scalable
- Flexible architecture allows for modification and configuration to support new satellites
- Common user interface for satellite and ground missions
- Real-time overview of entire fleet
Find out more
If you would like to discuss what I4S can deliver for your satellite operations, please contact Lucia Sardo, Manager, Satellite Operations Support Group.