- Role ID: 398
- Reports To: Offer Development Director
- Division: Global Government
- Location: London, UK (You must be eligible to work in this location)
Primary role purpose
For 35 years Inmarsat has provided satellite services to governments and militaries worldwide. Inmarsat Global Government (G2) is dedicated to developing systems and solutions to meet their specific needs for voice, data and video services worldwide.
The Product and Service Offer Manager will be responsible for developing and supporting the Global Government product and service offering to customers in over 100 countries by driving a truly compelling and differentiated value proposition into the converging government mobile and fixed satellite markets. As part of the Products and Service Offer team, this role will focus on the land sector of the Government market vertical.
This role will form part of a high calibre team responsible for Product and Service Offer Development for Inmarsat’s global market development activities in the government sector (outside the US) focussing on developing compelling growth strategies through product and solution innovation.
When defining new requirements, the group acts as customer champion, identifying consistent market requirements, shaping the user experience, developing business cases and prioritising needs for product development. When introducing a new capability to the market, the group works with Marketing & Communications to promote the product, and works with the Inmarsat Training Academy to train partners, business development and solution engineers to explain the key benefits to potential customers. The team also supports partners in creating bespoke offers to meet targeted customer needs.
- Contribute as part of a world-class team who are openly recognised as experts in Government Communications.
- Lead on development of land products and offers through their entire lifecycle within the Global Government portfolio as directed by the Offer Development Director. Drive solution and offer implementation through central / support functions.
- Define compelling Service Pricing and Tariffs, and obtain approval as required.
- Conduct Market Analysis for each Product and Service Offer to ensure robust business cases, market placement and pricing
- Create effective Go to Market Plan for each Offer
- Develop business cases addressing market demand, competitive position, anticipated market penetration, implementation costs and return on investment for new products. Gain approval for Product / Services Offer development, managing and adhering to business processes as necessary.
- Provide the Offer Development Director with regular reports to inform the wider business on the status of product development.
- Identify and manage the risks associated with delivering Products / Service Offers assign to them.
- Ensure Products / Service Offers are properly documented and catalogued across all appropriate Inmarsat / G2 IT platforms / documentation sets
- Deliver all necessary infeed to allow the marketing team to generate effective MarCom to support each offer.
- Develop and support initial training for PSE / Sales teams and the Training Academy.
- Support the sales team during initial product / service offer roll out, including Partner and End–User facing events and activities
- Support the on-going development of new products through intelligence gathered during user requirement, market and competitor analysis.
- Liaise and coordinate with central functions in relation to Government customer needs and aspirations in key markets of interest across the globe.
- Lead analysis on potential technological development in line with G2 and Corporate strategy
- Ensure successful completion of custom solutions and proposals in support of the regional teams and partners
Essential knowledge and skills
- A degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrable experience of developing and executing market and product strategies in a high technology business.
- A demonstrable track record of integrity and customer focus
- Demonstrable experience working closely with operational customers to understand their requirements and translate those needs into a viable solution
- Demonstrable ability to understand all aspects of the government customer’s programmatic issues – both technical, lifecycle management and funding regimes
- Domain experience in a land environment that has a strong dependence on mobile satellite communications – candidates must be able to demonstrate in depth knowledge of how the satcom elements contribute to the successful execution of business or mission in the land domain; the value proposition and the challenges associated with the satcom based solution.
Desirable knowledge and skills
- Experience of delivery in Product Management or Systems Engineering Function
- Knowledge of defence software applications and operational use
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of Secure Communications Systems
- Knowledge of Commercial Satcom
- Solution Selling & Account Management Skills
- A strong, collaborative work ethic
- Relationships with the Government / Defence customer base and partner companies
In order to apply please send a CV and covering letter, quoting the Role ID and Job Title, to:
Closing date for applications: 29 May 2015