- Role ID: 342
- Reports To: Director, Product Marketing
- Division: Maritime
- Location: Various locations (Alesun, The Hague and London)
Primary purpose of the position
The primary purpose of the role is to manage the marketing requirement of the Maritime portfolio to ensure that revenue and subscriber / terminal targets are achieved.
Key responsibilities of the position
- Capture and understand the requirements of the Maritime including key business, technology and regulatory trends
- Create marketing strategies and annual plans to deliver revenue and subscriber / terminal targets
- Manage marketing programmes – covering the complete marketing mix – derived from annual plans
- Capture and interpret competitor information and develop competitive strategies
- Create compelling value propositions for the distribution channel / manufacturing partner and end user segment
- Translate market requirements (channel / business segment) into segmentation and portfolio requirements
- Co-ordinate across Maritime and core functional areas to deliver revenue and marketing plans
- Establish and maintain relationships with senior level contacts in targeted sectors and customers, analyzing their needs, developing business plans and providing them with appropriate solutions
- Monitor and evaluate product/service performance by markets and regions and pursuing strategies to promote overall business growth
Essential knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of Maritime channels
- Understanding of mobile satellite and cellular industry; familiarity with Inmarsat products and services
- Strong knowledge of IP applications and data solutions
- Well developed presentation skills;
- Experience in dealing with Senior Management/decision-makers in partner and customer organizations.
- Strong marketing experience – full use of the marketing mix.
- Very strong interpersonal skills to working across functional boundaries in a collegiate manner whilst delivering business goals.
- Experience in global business role – in order to deal effectively with language, cultural and commercial differences
Desirable knowledge and skills
- Working knowledge of industry standard IT tools and applications
- Foreign languages
In order to apply please send a CV and covering letter addressed to Jo Kentish, quoting the Role ID and Job Title to:
Closing date: This role will remain open until filled.