- Role ID: JH127
- Reports to: Marc Benhamou/Bernard Conor
- Division: Development & Engineering
- Location: France
Primary role purpose
Inmarsat requires a self-motivated individual to work within a Satellite program monitoring team for all aspects of satellite Product Assurance. The position will be initially based at the satellite vendor facility in Toulouse with our team of on-site engineers, working with the vendor team and with the other satellite and equipment suppliers, to ensure they respect Inmarsat quality requirements and that hardware of correct quality is delivered on time.
Review, assessment and recommendation of supplier data from bid through design, manufacture and test to final delivery will be an important task as well as inspection of hardware, from unit to spacecraft level.
The area of documentation to review along the project will cover all PA aspects including, Materials and processes, Radiations, EEE parts, dependability and configuration.
As part of the INMARSAT monitoring team at Satellite supplier site and in supporting the INMARSAT project PA manager, she/he will along the project, prepare and participate to the following reviews and meetings:
- Equipment Qualification Status review for defining qualification and acceptance sequence of HW constituting the spacecraft
- Preliminary, Critical and Final design Reviews at various stages of the program phase and all levels of integration, check the adequacy of this design with the considered phase by assessing consistency of delivered documentation, making a thorough review and raising Review Items Discrepancy as necessary with suggested solutions
- Parts, Radiation, Material and Processes Control Boards with the suppliers at all levels, with the primary purpose of evaluating the compliance and making engineering assessment of alternative solutions (specifications and test)
- Material Readiness Review, by checking before flight Hardware manufacturing that the supplier is ready to manufacture for all aspects: availability of parts and materials, qualified design and processes
- Non-conformance Review Board, when a failure or problem occurs at any level, for helping finding the root cause, way forward and corrective actions
- Hardware inspection (MIP), by conducting careful independent inspection of selected hardware from single parts to Spacecraft level for insuring flightworthiness
- Test and Delivery Review Boards by checking that the hardware to be delivered to upper level is as defined, correctly tested and the manufactured product in line with the associated documentation
- Provide timely reporting to management for all the above activities
Essential knowledge and skills
- At least 2 years’ experience Space Product Assurance preferably at major Satellite contractor level.
- Good knowledge and practice of ECSS and MIL normative systems
- In depth knowledge of at least one of the following: EEE preferably, Material and elementary technologies (processes) used in space
- Good practice of supplier data analyses: procurement specification’s, qualification plans and reports in areas defined above
- Good leadership to be able to drive and challenge Satellite contractor and suppliers
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
- Excellent communication skills with people at all levels of the organization and suppliers
- Working language English. French knowledge would be a plus
Desirable knowledge and skills
- A passionate desire to take the organization as far as it can go
- A demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries
- Objective, rational and multidisciplinary thinking
- Willingness to travel to all supplier locations
- Flexibility to relocate place of work potentially across different continents
- Demonstrated ability to be able to influence contractors staff and achieve success in situations via coherent discussion and persuasion for situations where a contractual mandate is not in place
- A high degree of integrity in particular at premises of all suppliers
- Ability to face up to problems quickly and take action
- A willingness to be self-critical and learn from mistakes – avoiding hubris
- Acts within her or his circle of competence and knows the boundary.
In order to apply please send a CV and covering letter, quoting the Role ID and Job Title, to: