Primary role purpose
We are currently presenting an exciting opportunity as an Infrastructure Support Analyst for our IT Infrastructure Services and Support Group Programme.
The IT Infrastructure Services and Support Group provisions, supports, monitors, maintains and secures Inmarsat’s Corporate systems infrastructure and services. The primary objective is to maintain availability of the underlying infrastructure that supports Inmarsat’s services.
Infrastructure for office applications. Inclusive of but not limited to
- Microsoft (MS) Exchange server and associated mail infrastructure
- MS OCS/ Lync
- MS Active directory
- UUA (Citrix based remotely accessed services)
- Entrust token authentication
- MS SharePoint
- Inmarsat’s Infrastructure currently consists of three core Group IT (GrIT) sites:
- (UK) London, City Road MCR
- (CAN) Saint Johns, Mount Pearl
- (NOR) Alesund (hosted)
- Three core GrIT backup/ Disaster Recovery sites
- (Neth) Burum OBC
- (CAN) Saint Johns, Harvey Road
- (NOR) Alesund. IT Infrastructure Services and Support team is also responsible for maintaining services used by 20+ medium and small site scattered across the globe
- The role of Infrastructure Support Analyst, principally:
- To respond to issues and service desk tickets relating to infrastructure
- To carry out tasks, as directed by the IT Infrastructure Services and support manager
- To Implement then necessary infrastructure actions according to project work packages, modification requests and standard Inmarsat/ GrITprocedures
- To carry out specific responsibilities for the good health and running of the Data Centre infrastructure
Key responsibilities of the position
- The post holder is responsible for successful long term operation and good health of Inmarsat’s Data Centre Infrastructure
- As part of the team to respond to and deal with Infrastructure service desk tickets. To do so within the standards set by GrIT procedures
- To carry out standard operational tasks required to maintain the good health of Infrastructure services
- To be part of a second line for service desk issues and to participate in providing guidance and instruction to first line support within the service desk
- The post holder will carry out maintenance tasks of the Inmarsat services infrastructure. This is as directed by the IT Infrastructure Services and Support Manager and according to set process / MR/ design
- The post holder will be a resource for infrastructure related project implementation. (OAMS/NSD, Inmarsat, StratosGlobal, ShipEquip domains) in accordance with Project work packages and under direction/cooperation with the Infrastructure Architecture delivery team
Essential knowledge and skills
Demonstrate sound knowledge and practical experience in the following technical areas (Primary responsibilities):
- MS Windows Server and Active Directory
- Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2010
- MS System Center product set
- Providing IT support on desktop office products
- Have experience and knowledge of other industry standard products:
- Citrix or similar remote access/service products
- Linux and/or Unix
- MS SharePoint
- Desktop build deployment and management.
Desirable knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of basic networking principles
- Token authentication products (RSA, Quest, Entrust)
Which of the Inmarsat qualities (IQs) are fundamentally important to this job?
Efficiency: Efficiency is about maximising benefit and profit, while minimising effort and expenditure. Managed correctly, it reduces costs, waste, and duplication and enables the delivery of quality products and services to our customers.
Customer excellence: Customer Excellence applies to both our external and internal customers. It is about having a market orientated approach that enables the business to deliver what the customer wants. It is about organising activities, and making decisions that are based around information about customers’ needs, rather than what we think is right for them customer. It requires the development of long-term, collaborative and trusting relationships that combines customer needs with Inmarsat expertise.
Enterprise spirit: Enterprise Spirit is about being agile and responding effectively to business opportunities within a changing environment. It’s about being self-motivated, resourceful, focused on output and making things happen. People with Enterprise Spirit are positive, enthusiastic, dedicated and not afraid to challenge the status quo.